I know it’s for kids, but whenever I’m in Germany, I have to eat Spaghetti Eis at least once a visit!
The Spaghetti Eis Recipe (Ice Cream) for those of you who have never had it, is not spaghetti… it’s delicious vanilla ice cream pushed through a press to look like pasta. Then it’s covered in Strawberry sauce (to look like marinara) and then topped with shaved bits of white chocolate (parmesan cheese). Super simple, but super delicious!
And to make it even more fun, the “noodles” are piled up on a scoop of Sahne (whipped cream), which lightens the dessert, but makes it richer at the same time.
You can make Spaghetti Eis at home! All the kids (and child-like people) in your home will love it!
Quick Look at the Contents
Spaghetti Eis Recipe (serves 4…. or just me)
½ cup Whipping Cream
1 cup Strawberries (fresh or frozen)
2 Tbl Sugar
2-3 cups Vanilla Ice Cream (good quality)
White Chocolate Bar
Cookie for Garnish
- Prepare the Strawberry Sauce. Put the Berries (cut in half if fresh) and 2 TBL sugar in a pot over medium heat. Let cook until soft. Mash or Puree with an immersion blender or potato masher. Set aside to cool. This sauce is delicious on ice cream, waffles, eierkuchen or anything….
- Whip up the Whipping Cream… add 1-2 Tbl Sugar if you like your Whipped Cream sweetened.
- Scoop ¼ of the whipped cream into a dessert dish.
- Press the vanilla ice cream through the noodle press over the whipped cream…. sort of move it around and heap it up. It should look like spaghetti noodles.
- Spoon some of the cooled strawberry sauce over the ice cream noodles
- Grate the white chocolate over the top of the sauce with a fine grater or microplane.
- Serve (maybe with a cookie?)
Spaghetti Eis Tool
To make Spaghetti Eis LOOK LIKE Spaghetti Eis, you will need a special tool.
The Spaetzele Press is perfect for making Spaghetti Eis and Spaetzele… as well as mashed potatoes. It’s also good for fruit purees.
Of course, you can also get the super grand-daddy of all Spaghetti Eis Makers, the Carina Spaghetti Ice Machine…!!!!!The giant hand operated machine will make your ice cream into a number of fun shapes…. Lasagna Eis anyone?
Carina Spaghetti Ice Machine *Spring Ahead Sale*Gowe® Different Shapes Spaghetti Ice Cream Maker (Yellow Color)Spaetzle Classic Round Noodle Maker by WestmarkTop Rated Bellemain Stainless Steel Potato Ricer with 3 Interchangeable Fineness Discs-Full 2-Year Warranty
Special Cookies and Toppings for Spaghetti Eis
German Ice Cream Spoons
Just like you get in the Eis Diele…
Serve Your Spaghetti Eis in Beautiful Glass Bowls
Easy Related Posts
Hugo Drink Recipe- Learn How to make this Refreshing Cocktail!
Looking for a refreshing way to beat the heat? This Hugo drink recipe is simple ...read more
German School Cones to Buy and Fill- Schultüte for the First Day of School
Primary Color SchultüteThe Schultüte tradition goes back to the early 1800s in Germany. On their ...read more
Haribo Candy Online- All About Haribo Candy, and Where to Buy It!
The other day a friend of mine mentioned that she had gone to 4 different ...read more
Erdinger's Raspberry Beer Punch Recipe - A German Weissbierbowle Recipe
I find that here in California, when I say"Beer Punch Recipe", people look at me ...read more