Rum Balls covered in Chocolate Sprinkles show up every year around Christmas Time. And with this German Rum Balls Recipe you will see just how easy these addictive treats are to make! Smooth chocolate with a hint of rum… they just melt in your mouth and make you go back for more.
You might want to double this recipe.
Or even triple it if you plan to give any away….
German Rum Balls Recipe
- Double Boiler or Microwave to melt Chocolate
- 1/2 Cup Butter softened
- 3/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 7 oz. Semi-Sweet Chocolate 1 1/6 cup Chocolate Chips
- 3 1/2 oz. Dark Chocolate
- 4 Tbl Rum Not Spiced
- 1 cup Chocolate Sprinkles You may need less
- Beat the Butter and powdered sugar in a mixer until light and fluffy
- Melt the chocolates in a double boiler or microwave (be careful not to let water get in to the chocolate or it will seize)Let cool a bit
- Add the melted chocolate and rum to the butter, beat until smooth.
- Put the bowl with the chocolate into the refrigerator to cool for 30 min to 1 hour
- Scoop out walnut sized balls of chocolate (I find a small cookie scoop is perfect, but a teaspoon will work) Roll into a ball
- Roll in Chocolate Sprinkles
- Chill for 1 hour