Easy Pineapple Punch Recipe -Ananas Bowle for Parties!
This easy Pineapple Punch recipe comes together with minimal effort, but tastes like you went through a lot of trouble. Canned (or fresh) pineapple, wine, champagne and some juice come together to create a tasty mix… with a little bit of a punch. (And it’s a nice way to stretch out the wine budget a bit since generally, you use the cheap stuff). Make sure to serve everyone plenty of pineapple chunks, and even garnish with a pineapple wedge or a cute paper umbrella (if you feel like being fancy). People will feel like they are being healthy if they get a serving of fruit. (Bahahahaha)
My mother always served Bowle at summertime gatherings with German friends. Spiked fruit punches, like Erdbeer Bowle and this Ananas Bowle turn up all the time at German Festivals as a nice alternative to Beer or a glass of wine. Usually served by ladle into a cup, you can also serve it in big wine glasses or a giant mug! But…BEWARE! Pineapple Bowle comes with a kick! The fruit gets a nice soak in rum and orange liqueur before adding the juice and wine! Then right before serving, pour in a bottle of sparkling wine (prosecco or champagne) to give it a bit of fizz. Keep it chilled so you don’t have to add ice (which waters things down).
Can you believe… this is my OMA’S Bowle bowl! Somehow it survived the journey from her Schrank to my house without losing a single cup!
Easy Pineapple Punch Recipe Ananas Bowle
- 3 20 oz Cans Pineapple Chunks I prefer the ones in Pineapple Juice
- 1 Whole Pineapple cut into 1 inch Chunks
- 1 1/2 - 2 oz. Rum
- 3-4 oz. Orange Liqueur
- 4 cups Pineapple Juice
- 2 750 ml Bottles White Wine chilled
- 1 750 ml Bottle Sparkling Wine chilled
- Get out a Punch Bowl or large drinks container.
- If using canned, strain the Pineapple chunks. Go ahead and save it to use if the pineapple was canned in juice, but dispose of it if it's syrup (unless you like your drinks really sweet).
- Put the pineapple chunks in the bowl.
- Add the rum and orange liqueur. (If your hand slips, and you add a little extra, that's fine).
- Add the pineapple juice. (If your pineapple was canned in juice, you will already have around 2 cups... go ahead and use it)
- Put the punch bowl in the refrigerator to chill for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Just before serving time, add the wine and champagne.
- Stir and serve.
Want more Easy German Recipes?
Order my Easy German Cookbook! 80 Classic Recipes Made Simple
Easy German Cookbook: 80 Classic Recipes Made Simple
Make the Easy Pineapple Punch Recipe like this-
Place the Pineapple Chunks in a Punch Bowl or LARGE Pitcher
Add the Rum and Orange Liqueur
Add the Pineapple Juice, and let soak for 1 1/2 to 2 hours
Keep it chilled while it soaks!
Add the Wine and Champagne just before serving
LOADS of Pineapple!
Serve at your next Party….or enjoy it all yourself!